5/18/08

Success Sunday

Success Sunday Banner

" The purpose of life is to fight maturity. "
Dick Werthimer


I love this quote because I have always fought maturity. I don't think it should be a purpose of life, but it is a interesting goal. When I think of maturity, I think of people who live their lives as if someone is always watching them and judging them on their social graces. I do my best to have good manners and respect for others, but I don't consider myself mature. I like to run around barefoot, play in the mud, dance like a child, create a work of art on my legs, catch frogs and lizards, pretend to be a mermaid and any other act of immaturity I can think of. I don't encourage anyone to make this purpose their own, but I will encourage everyone to engage in at least one act of immaturity a day. It will keep you sane.
Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!

2 Comments:

  1. Jen P said...
    I agree! When we "act and think" like a child we are much more creative, imaginative, innovative, bolder, braver, and just plain more fun!

    So here's to taking chances and not being afraid to do something stupid just for the sake of being stupid!
    Kristin Allen said...
    "When I think of maturity, I think of people who live their lives as if someone is always watching them and judging them on their social graces."
    I think exactly the opposite. I think of maturity as someone who lives their life according to their own moral conduct rather than worrying what others think - as long as whatever you do will not overtly hurt someone else. I think maturity is being able to say "this may not be good for them, but it's good for me, so I must do it."

Post a Comment