4/10/08

My procedure went almost according to plan. In addition to inserting a camera and tongs into my uterus, they had to dialate me to one centimeter and all I could think was, 'thank God for sedation.' For the next week I have rules: no housework (yea right), no lifting (clinging kids), no sex (do they know my husband) which I have every intention of not following. I am just wondering who created this delusion and did they think it would actually work. If they had said a couple of days, sure; but a full week is plain nuts. I managed a full day on no housework, less than that for lifting and well sex will be easier since that area is tender for some unknown reason.

I can't express enough how much I love my doctor. Many people have a preconceived notion of doctors partly because of their extensive training, but also because so many seem lofty and far above the rest of us. My doctor is so relaxed and easy to talk to that I often forget that she is a doctor. Many doctors will have nurses follow up with patients after being seen or sometimes not at all. Last night, she calls me after work just to see how I am feeling and talks to me for a minute about how the procedure went. I only wish that there were more doctors like her.

Dr. Johnson You Rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment