4/6/08

We had a fun family day at our county fair this weekend. However, we did kind of stick out from the crowd. Everyone was dressed in their best dressy casual- wear (although I don't see how that is comfortable on the faster rides) and we were decked out in our comfy Aggie wear. There were plenty of longhorns eyeing us, but we managed to get by without insult. (You probably have to live in Texas to fully get that).



My son is a wonderful gift from God, although he doesn't seem to want anyone to know it. He is 2 1/2 and a very determined little man who knows what he wants and will do what he must to get it. My friend has my train, push her down and take it back. My sister is looking at my train, pull her hair and drag her off. Mom is trying to tickle me, tackle her and knock her down. Despite these tendencies, he really is a sweet boy who will gently stroke a baby's face and say "cute baby" and will give me a hug and say, "I love you, mom". I just wish everyone could see that he truly has a gentle side and these tendencies of his will eventually subside.


Feeding the animals was especially fun for all of us. There were llamas, goats, chickens and one deer roaming free and rabbits, pigs, , a camel and a joey that we could pet behind a cage. Those goats were very determined and while I have no photo to share, I had a very determined encounter with a goat. When I first walked into the petting area I was greeted by a black and white goat who wanted my food so bad that he/she put both front paws on my chest and looked me in the eyes as if to say, "give me the food or someone loses an eye!"



This is a photo of my daughter riding a pony and telling the nice cowboy a story. It's a make believe story she has created about her imaginary friend Jasha. Jasha lives far away from us and has lots of money when we need it, but Jasha has been put into a cage by very bad people and we need to use our powers to rescue her. So far we haven't made it out to rescue her. The story has many variations but this is the basic summery of the story. After she tells her story, the cowboy turns around and asks me if I am hearing her and I say no. With a very concerned and questioning look he says "Well, shes telling me that her friend has been locked in a cage and is in trouble." I naturally laugh hysterically because of the look on his face and I know how serious she can be when talking about Jasha. I let him know the full story and he seemed better, but still cautious.


Here is daddy training his future thrill seeker. This was his first roller coaster ride and liked it the first time around but wanted to get off after that. Tiffany on the other hand loves the rides. She is truly her father's daughter and kept asking us for the rides that go fast.



This concludes our day at the county fair. The children has used up the last of their energy and have that deer in the headlights look. See you next year county fair!

1 Comment:

  1. Melanie said...
    What cuties! Ben has changed so much since I last saw him.

Post a Comment