6/15/08

I love days like the one I had on Friday. The kids slept until 830 - Hallelujah! Then we stayed home all day and didn't go anywhere. It was wonderful. We played in the front yard-scratch that. The kids played in the front yard with all the toys I hide in the garage and I trimmed the trees and cleaned up a bit. I really didn't realize how dirty it had gotten until it was clean. It makes me wonder if my house is dirtier than I think it is. Nah, I clean it every couple of months so I'm sure its fine. Besides I think of dust as decorative finishes anyway. So now my front yard looks so much better and I can actually see our lovely bench that seems to be losing its finish. But that's okay because now we can sit out in our lovely, fading bench while staring at our dented garage door and turn into mosquito food while we bake slowly in the Texas heat.



The other source of entertainment came in the form of a lovely afternoon shower. This is my absolutely favorite type of rain. Warm sunshine breaking through the clouds. Warm rain falling gently on our faces and ground; forming glorious puddles of water and mud. Summer showers are also one of the few things that can slow me down and watch the world in all its wonder. I always take lots of pictures of this seemingly uninteresting event because the kids always do something funny that I want to capture and today was no different.


Look at my bubble wand.

Praising God for the rain, perhaps.

Washing Hair. Yep. They are nuts.


Below: Mudslinging. Literally. They would fill up their bucket with mud and throw it at the other one, then trade places. That is my DNA coming out.





Success Sunday Banner

"People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain. "
--unknown

I am combining this post with success sunday since they go so well together. Obviously, nothing productive came out of our rain day. Dishes didn't get clean. Carpet got dirty. Dogs got muddy. Kids, well you saw the pictures. Their rooms were still a tornado disaster area. But it allowed me to break loose from my routine and really get into my kids fun for a little while. It was just a great day at home with the kids.

Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!

2 Comments:

  1. Jen P said...
    Once I got over the sensory aversion to the wet and mud, I would have had a blast too! I'm the same way with the dog. I have to "prep" myself to wrestle with the dog. The Elder might get ASD from The Hub, but The Younger definitely got his OCD from me! lol

    Great photos and coordinating quote!
    Kristin Allen said...
    Kat - I love this post - it's beautiful - mud puddle and all. That playfulness is your DNA coming through.

Post a Comment