6/25/08

I realized last week that I will be a great mom when the kids are teenagers. Think back to your teenage years. I know. Double Digits on that one for some of us. We were rebellious in our own ways. Some of us were tame and others were holy hell. But we all typically agreed on one thing . . . our parents were hypocrites. Teenagers just love to use that word when they are angry and they probably don't even know what it means. Well, I realized last week that I am a hypocrite. Woo Hoo! I have already realized my hypocrisy which must give me some power of over teenagers. I am a American Idol Hypocrite! Nothing irritates me more than artists who remake already fabulous songs. There are certain songs that I will tolerate and others I will admit are better than the original, but overall I don't think it should be done. It occurred to me that my favorite show American Idol is full of artists making remakes of already fabulous songs but I watch that show like its a religion. I am such a hypocrite and a terrible person. Obviously, I knew that they are remaking old songs but I never connected that with my hatred of remakes. But, now I realize the truth and will continue to be a hypocrite because I love David Cook, the 2008 American Idol Winner and the first Rocker to win the show. I love David!

I am also a good mom for preschoolers since I am a hyperactive child at heart. I love playing with my kids and other kids too for that matter. I do alot of silly things like crawl on all fours and meow with kids riding on my back only to buck them off like a horse. Neigh! A couple of days ago I was giving Benny a bath and Tiffany comes in to play with him and as I leave to start her shower, I drop handfuls of bubbles on her hair and legs. (I thought it was rather funny) She turns to her brother and says, "Ben, isn't mommy a freak?" I was rolling with laughter. She has figured it out that I am a freak, but a good freak I think. They have been so funny lately. Last night Ben put on his pajama pants by himself and was so excited. He started clapping, saying Yea, then put his arms straight in the air and did a backwards dive onto his mattress. I half expected him to break something but he didn't so I laughed and he it did again and again. They certainly keep me on my toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment