1/1/09

Learning

Another interesting year has passed and a new one is beginning. What will this year hold? From experience I know that new friends will come and give me other perspectives of life just as old friends will find new interests to pursue. I once read a poem of friendship which said that . . . friendships may change, some may end entirely, some just go down different paths and others remain strong but with every friendship we learn something new about ourselves and the world around us. It used to frustrate me when my friends moved on or seemed to busy for me but that poem made me realized how friendships are not always forever and that I should always focus on what I have learned from them instead of letting myself foster bitterness towards someone I care so much about.

This has been a great year for friends. Some friends are new, some are old and some have been recently rediscovered. I really don't believe in resolutions for the new year so I thought I would take what I learned this last year and try to build on it for the next. So here I go!


Lessons from my friends 2008

I can write!

Easy, Easy . . . I have got to take it easy. I really get too excited sometimes and can't express myself well.

There are fun things from my past! Dancing with myself and and just being goofy with my girlfriends.

Homeschool is good. Maybe not perfect for me but something that no longer intimidates me.

I am still a dork and a nerd. There is no denying that.

I can be a liberal christian in a conservative christian community. (As long as no one finds out!)

Old friendships can be rekindled.

Online friends are not always scary. Sometimes they are even inspirational.

There are other people who enjoy the same sick things that I like. You know who you are!

I can be a good friend to others when I sit back and just listen.

This year I would like to thank all my friends for teaching me these valuable lessons and I pray that next year that I will learn even more from my old friends as well as the new ones who have yet to be discovered.

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

  1. WWJ said...
    Love the new look as well as the lessons you've learned (and the ones you teach!).

    K
    Kristin Allen said...
    Wow - some great reflections - I especially like the one on not being resentful towards friends. I've had the same issue in my life and I've realized, after moving so much, that you don't get to keep people. Everyone's moving all the time and we should be grateful for the snippets we get to share with each other.
    The new blog look is very pretty, too.

Post a Comment