5/28/11

Lifted

The fog is beginning to lift, but only slightly.  Slightly is enough for now though.  It started Wednesday night after I went to my first house church meeting.  I was so intimidated by my surroundings.  The houses in the neighborhood were stunning and huge.  I kept driving looking at house after house thinking that they can't all be this lovely, then I would find another one even nicer than the last one.  When I pulled up to the hosts house, I was speechless and the kids and I just stood there for a moment marveling. The inside was just as amazing as the outside complete with swimming pool, movie theater and a stunning view of the lake.  Everyone was great, funny and they all seemed to get along so well.  Would they like me?  After all, I am a little different.  As the night wore on, I knew that this group would be a good fit for me and it just felt right.  The kids also liked it and now want to come every week.  After the kids were in bed that night, I was reflecting on the night and realized that I was feeling happy.  Whoa, back up!  Where did that come from?  That was the first time in months that I experienced that particular emotion.  I just wanted to hang onto it but sadly, I was back to melancholy the next day.  Friday I woke up and felt a little lighter, still sad but better and as the day wore on I found I could focus and concentrate on the more complicated tasks that I hadn't been able to lately and today, I feel that I can breathe.  I am scared to think that I may be coming out of it because going back in is just intolerable.  I only wish I knew why I sink into these depressive states but for now I am thankful for the good day I had yesterday and will be praying for the good ones to follow.  Thank you Lord for seeing me through each day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment