5/18/11

Faking It

There are days that are good, not necessarily happy, but enjoyable at least.  Then there are the other days.  Sitting in the back doorway with my head leaning against the wall because I can't find enough energy to consider what needs to be done for the children, for the house, for my husband.  Some days I spend fighting the urge to cry.  Its days like this that I practice the fine art of faking it.  I pretend that I am happy and accomplished never acknowledging the word, depressed.  It is not a cure but it usually pulls me up enough to get through another day.  I do this on face book constantly but mostly so I don't end up throwing myself a pity party inviting those I know well and even those I don't know anymore to join in and tell me cliche' advice like, 'just pull yourself out of it' or 'cheer up, tomorrow is another day'.  What do they know?  Apparently, I do a pretty good job on face book.  I just ran into someone that I am casual friends with who said that I was missed but is glad to see I am so happy.  Ha!  If she only knew that I almost started crying when she said that.  But tomorrow is another day and perhaps I will cheer up and pull myself out of it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment