11/16/08

Success Sunday - Sibs

Success Sunday Banner


"Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way. “
–Pamela Dugdale

This past Thursday, my darling, sweet little children tried to destroy me. It may not have been known to them, but I know that some evil little sprite was whispering in their ears things that would cause me to scream, hit the walls and come within an inch of beating my babies.

They are in a heightened state of sibling rivalry right now and I have been coming to the rescue every time and every time I came to the screaming and crying, I myself ended up furious or on the verge of tears. Then it finally occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't be interfering and instead let them figure it out. So that's what I started doing. I want so desperately to help them but I only end up hurting myself and sometimes their feelings also. So when I hear the usual 'that's my toy' scream, I patiently wait until the crisis is over and then try to advise them on ways to work out their problems. It seems to help, but it has only been 2 days. We will see what tomorrow holds . . . hopefully it won't be little brother holding sister's new doll over the trash again. Not pretty!

Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Sibling Rivalry is a foreign concept to The Hub. Fortunately for me, because I was the youngest and the butt of most of the teasing, i get to "bully" and annoy The Hub. My favorite one when he tells me to move, and I wiggle in place! lol. Wait, I think I did that as the baby sister too. Boy I was a brat.

Post a Comment