11/22/08

Evil Monkeys!


Earlier I commented to a friend that 'Guilt is an evil monkey quietly lurking behind you, waiting for you to feel secure and content then he hits you upside your head and runs'. Well now that evil monkey is chasing me down the street, throwing rocks at my head while shouting at the tops of its nasty lungs, "You Are the WORST MOTHER EVER!". I truly don't believe that I am the worst mother ever but it certainly feels like I am getting a little closer to the top.
Let me explain.

My sweet ballerina has ballet once a week and this week they were going to perform for us. I know that it was precious because it was precious last year also, but I will never know how precious she could have been this year since I completely forgot about ballet this week. I thought my heart was going to break when I realized my horrendous mistake last night. I feel so terrible for missing something so important. Thankfully, she doesn't even realize that she missed ballet. That monkey will probably be chasing me for a while, but hopefully I will start fighting back soon. Just not today.

1 Comment:

  1. Kristin Allen said...
    It's okay, Kat. there, there now.

Post a Comment