11/20/08

The Sky is Falling!


Today, I was sitting quietly at my dining room table, working on a craft and listening to the joyous sounds of my children playing nicely together, when suddenly the sky began to fall. It sounded like a hail storm and when I looked out, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.


Acorns falling.


I opened the door to look outside and saw numerous birds flying from tree to tree dropping acorns as they landed. I called to the kids, grabbed our umbrellas and ventured outside to witness this awesome sight. It was so wonderful to watch these acorns shooting towards the ground, attacking the cats and bouncing back to hit us on the legs. But as quickly as it started, it suddenly stopped as the mass exodus of birds took place. Then again it was very still. We went inside and resumed our previous activities but the memory still persisted. I wish I could have that on camera.

1 Comment:

  1. WWJ said...
    Isn't nature cool? Once a year in Tyler hundreds of blackbirds would descend on our yard and knock all sorts of things out of the trees. They were there for berries. It sounded like rain too. We just watched from the windows since they were extremely messy in other ways, as birds can be.

Post a Comment