10/4/08

Things to Come

If the last week was a measure things to come over the next month, then I may need medication. I recently signed up to be a group leader at our local MOPS organization which only seems natural since I have been part of it for so long and a perfect place to test my leadership skills, if I have any that is. Our first goal was to inform and invite as many moms as possible to join. So we stand by a table outside the children's ministry handing invitations to any mom we see and talk to them about it. In between moms, we leaders naturally chit-chat about unimportant things when the wonderful mom organizing everything informs us of one of MOPS traditions through our church. It seems that the leadership team falls victim to various troubles the week prior to the first meeting. I usually dismiss these sorts of claims because more often than not these are just easily dismissed events that have been connected together when they really don't connect at all. Having said that, my week really sucked! Benny turned into a vomiting volcano as I was waiting in a car line to pick up Tiffany. It was everywhere. Fortunately, I had extra clothes on hand but his car seat was disgusting so I moved him to Tiffany's and had her ride without a car seat. This made her cry even though she has been wanting to sit without her car seat for weeks now. On the way home, Benny started again but I was able to catch it with a plastic bag and still managed to steer the car. He didn't throw up again but he sure was tired and cranky the next two days. Tiffany also chose this time to be a defiant child who seems to know what is best for her and I apparently know nothing. It didn't help that I couldn't sleep during this time either. We were all cranky! Then I get terrible news, Tim's dad was in the hospital with what can only be described as a minor cardiac event. Earlier this year he underwent two separate brain surgeries where we thought that we may lose him and here we go again. Fortunately, he is responding to medication but they are thinking of putting a stint in a clogged artery. We are hopeful, but we will be glad when he is back home. After this week, I will never doubt our wonderful MOPS leader again. It really was a terrible week, but our first MOPS meeting was great!

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    It's all about perspective huh? Great silver lining there! I love your positive vibe! (Lord knows we all need it!)
    Kristin Allen said...
    wow kat, that is rough.

Post a Comment