10/20/08

Success Sunday Banner

" My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that 'achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that's nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.' "
Helen Hayes
Yesterday was my daughter's fifth birthday party and I have been planning it out for months to make sure that it would be special. These last several days were extremely hectic and it seemed that every minor thing that I volunteer for happened to be needed this past week. But I still managed to get everything ready in time for her party. We didn't do all the activities and games that I had planned but that was no surprise since I purposely planned to have extra things to do in the event that things moved faster than expected. We played her favorite games and were able to decorate wings with all of her friends and she had so much fun and was so happy. I truly feel that I did achieve my goal for her party which is truly all I needed but it was so nice to hear from my friends that they thought our fairy and dragon party was also successful.
For a slideshow of our party go to MamaKat's page.
Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!

2 Comments:

  1. WWJ said...
    You throw an awesome bash, Home Truf! I loved the wings. Liam said his favorite part was the water-gun game (even though he cheated - Oops! I mean problem solved - by pushing the ball off with the tip of the gun instead of spraying it). Tiffany was definitely the birthday party princess - she led the kids in all sorts of games all on her own. So grown up!
    It was a lot of fun.
    Kristin Allen said...
    It really was great.

Post a Comment