3/31/09

A Little Wet Today

Today was the Race for Education which is an annual fundraiser for Legacy PCA (Tiffany's school). They run for awhile and then have a carnival with games and food. I wasn't sure how my girly girl was going to do and we did get off to a slow start but as soon as she saw her best friend they were off. She spent most of the time trying to catch up to him eventually giving up and running with her other friends. Benny spent his time playing in the sand and on the playground. Everything was going great until I looked up and saw the sky. I knew what was coming and immediately went to phone's radar where I saw a wonderful thunderstorm just minutes away. Everyone was able to finish the race and duck into the pavilion where we huddled together and ate hot dogs. Except for me who was desperately trying not to inhale the nauseating aroma. Both the kids were freaked out by the storm so after they finished eating, we split. Naturally, the rains stopped right after we left but I had my fill and knew that my morning sickness was not far off so onto home we went. We had hot chocolate and watched movies.

Benny in the sand
Silly girl on the run

Taking it slower

0 Comments:

Post a Comment