8/3/08

Success Sunday Banner

" Certainly this is a duty, not a sin. "Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness.""
John Wesley

My success this week was mostly cleaning, well at least emotionally. I spent much of my time this week taking care of myself. One day, I left the kids in day care and went antiquing with one of my good friends where we met a lovely older gentleman who sold us some wonderful candles. The next day, I had lunch with my bible study friends (without the kids) where we had biblical conversations on whether we would get into to heaven. It was a discussion of the Parable of the Ten Bridesmaids from the Bible and as usual, I let my friends discuss while I listen to their arguments. Not only are their topics always interesting and insightful but it is fun to watch them playfully discuss their opinions. Friday, I treated myself to a massage. My massage therapist was someone that I had met through My Space and it turns out that she is a member of the church I attend. I had a deep tissue massage on my back for a whole hour and she was able to work out much of my stress and muscular knots. I will definitely be seeing her again.
I also had the not so fun cleaning adventure. Cleaning the kitchen. It started Sunday morning while the kids were eating their cereal. I noticed something in Ben's cereal which turned out to be some kind of bug. I take it away and give him new bowl of cereal and go to Tiffany and see the same thing. Then the light bulb hits me in the head and I realize that those are weevils. It was in their cereal, flour, rice, ground flax seed and several other food products. My day started with cleaning out the entire pantry and our kitchen now looks like the aftermath of a tornado. I was thinking about this quote the entire time because I was seeing expiration dates from three years ago and realizing that some of this flour (I had several different kinds) came from our apartment when we moved in 2003. That is not exactly being clean. I have always had problems with cleanliness in terms of housekeeping, but this is the first time I have ever had a weevil problem. Now my pantry is bare, clean, repainted in places and has new caulking. The majority of my grains have been tossed out while the rest is in the freezer. I am so thankful that I have not cooked anything for anyone else even though the bugs aren't actually bad for you, I still wouldn't want to share that with my friends.
It has been a success week for me. I feel better about myself and after much work I can now feel better about my kitchen. I do think I could use another massage though.


Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment