9/12/08

Hurricane Thrills


What started with excitement and mystery has turned into nervous anticipation. I love tracking hurricanes when they are abstract concepts, wondering where they are going and what they are going to do next simply thrills me. Until I can see it coming my way. Then I begin obsessive cleaning and cookie making just to keep me calm. Part of me is praying that it won't come our way but the other part of me is so excited to watch it unleash its power. It truly is an awesome site to watch the ocean waves rip apart fishing docks and splashing over the Galveston Seawall onto the news people trying to keep us up to date. I certainly don't want to see anyone hurt or their homes destroyed but I wouldn't mind driving down to the beach and getting splashed before landfall. How awesome would that be? Perhaps my next blog will have a different point of view but will have to wait until I get electricity back.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wow home you are ok. I love your outlook on life! Can't say that I could hang around to watch a hurricane but I can appreciate your excitement. I'm even from Myrtle Beach so we've had our share!

    FYI, I awarded you! And don't forget to change your link in your blogroll! Thanks!

Post a Comment