9/26/08

Fourteen Days

Fourteen days without electricity. Fourteen days of entertaining children. Fourteen dark nights full of monsters. Fourteen days of mosquito bites. Fourteen days without air conditioning. Fourteen days waking up with tears wondering if I will make it another day. The last two weeks has been like walking along a narrow precipice, at times you are on steady ground and others you are struggling not to fall. I yelled at my children more than usual these last two weeks but I always managed to steady myself before falling off the edge. They have been miserable with their mosquito ravaged bodies wondering if there really are monsters in the dark waiting to devour them. The only monster was the one I was trying to keep from coming out of me. I struggled with bouts of depression over the last couple of weeks but once we saw those glorious lights come on, we were rejoicing and dancing with happiness. We made it fourteen days and I honestly think, I could have done more but I am glad that I didn't have to find out. I took the children to lots of places where they could safely play and entertain themselves leaving me to write out my feelings and experiences. I will be posting some of what I wrote and some pictures I took, but first I must clean my carpets.

1 Comment:

  1. WWJ said...
    You warrior woman, you!

Post a Comment