7/24/08

I feel like writing but empty of words at the same time. There seems to be so much I want to say but I can't. So I will start with the trivial. I spent the day creating a new yahoo 360 profile which was fun and cheered me up a bit. It took most of the day due to annoyingly sweet interruptions. Tiffany has been making cards for her previous teacher complete with words and pictures. It is so sweet but I am more impressed that she sits in her room during nap and writes words by herself which are fairly close to correct. She was interrupting me while working on my 360 today just to show me her cards but it was so cute that I wanted to cry instead of yell. I will have to bring her to her old teacher for a visit before school starts.

My sweet hubby was a bit of an ass last night. Yesterday, I was at the store and called him up to see if he needed anything. No he is fine and should actually be home in time for dinner, maybe. So I decide to cook something instead of leftovers. He comes home, says he is starving so I make him a plate and set it at the table with everyone else. I let him know that dinner is ready and he feels compelled to work on the computer instead even though it is unimportant and can wait until this weekend. I could tell his mood so I let him be. Instead I eat dinner alone with the kids again, listening to Tiffany ask why Daddy isn't sitting with us and how much she misses him. Does he even get it? Maybe I should go out and buy a iron skillet and hit him upside his head. I honestly don't think he realizes how something simple like eating dinner with us can be so important but hopefully this weekend I can help him understand with love, patience and an iron skillet if necessary.

2 Comments:

  1. WWJ said...
    When you're finished with that skillet, can I borrow it?
    Kat said...
    Sure, I love to share.

Post a Comment