10/27/11

Just Hold On

For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 
Though he brings grief,
he will show compassion, 
so great is his unfailing love. 
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.
Lamentations 3:31-33

It is a terrible thing when we have to suffer.  We feel lost and alone with no end of relief in sight.  It is here in this defining moment when we must chose the path we will take.  Do we turn to our buddies Jack and Jose', maybe even MaryJane?  Do we run screaming from our troubles at dangerous speeds?  Many of us do. But where does it lead?  It usually takes us to places that will only bring more suffering which as I look back on my life, seems rather stupid.  I have been to those places many times and never have they helped me, they only bring me closer to the darkness.  Then there is the other path.  Jesus.  Do we turn our troubles over to Him?  Do we beg for forgiveness?  Do we reach out to others for help?  This is how we find relief.  Will this fix our troubles though?  Perhaps not, but by turning to Jesus we will be strengthened, refreshed and encouraged.  We will be able to endure whatever comes our way.  This theme has been surfacing lately through church and through my own journey through the bible telling me not that my suffering will end but showing me how to find joy, love and hope through this suffering.  So hold fast to God's word throughout each and every day. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment